Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

4 posters

Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree

lucky0328
    lucky0328

Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree Empty Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree

Post  lucky0328 January 27th 2010, 1:01 pm

Got this information from a link in an email. It comes from Daytime Confidential. I'm only posting it because I thought the list was interesting and wanted to see what you all think.

10. Evan Alex Cole (Hunter, ATWT)
    9. Shenell Edmonds (Destiny, OLTL)
    8. Zack Conroy (Ex-James, GL)
    7. Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina, GH)
    6. Kelly Missal (Danielle, OLTL)
    5. Amanda Setton (Kim, OLTL)
    4. Drew Garrett (Michael, GH)
    3. Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
    2. Brett Claywell (Kyle, OLTL)
    1. Dominic Zomprogna (Dante, GH)
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree Empty Re: Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree

Post  Jorpa January 27th 2010, 1:37 pm

I agree with the ones I know, but I still have issues with Michael Muhney. I have HATED MM's Adam since day one. It's not a love to hate, but deep down he needs to die hate. So now I'm trying to decide if MM is such a good actor that he makes me hate so much or my dislike of the actor himself. I can't hate the actor cos I don't know him, but I don't like him as an actor or as Adam anyway. Does that make any sense?

I liked the first Adam though.
    SoapGoddess
    Admin

Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree Empty Re: Top 10 Soap Newcomers of 2009: Agree or Disagree

Post  SoapGoddess January 27th 2010, 3:36 pm

OLTL heavy. Interesting.

Anyway, I will comment. LOL!!

GH has done a bang up job casting of late.

Kristina, Michael, Dante and even Molly.

I thought they had missed the boat with Lisa and then they recast her.

I'm not an Ethan fan, but he actually is slowly growing into his role, see yesterday's epi.

On OLTL I like Dani. SHe is well casted. She is an interesting mix of Todd Tea and Starr. I can see them actually related. Well done.

I love Destiny, just hate that they have turned her whiney. They so cast the wrong actor as Greg. The former Taggert on GH would have been so much better (Real Andrews). OLTL is very hit or miss. I'm not fond of the new Ross, but I like Eli. I can take or leave Kim, but I am so sick of Stacy it's pathetic. Then we get to Kyle. WOuld anyone even care about Kyle without Fish?? I think not. I think the casting of Fish was brilliant, but the casting of Kyle is meh. They got lucky with lots of chemistry!

Obviously I don't watch the other two so I will leave that to others who do.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 27th 2010, 5:36 pm

Thanks for posting this!

I agree, GH casting has been terrific. I would have been happy to see the new Michael, Kirstina, Morgan and Molly on this list. As far as I'm concerned, GH proved you can find younger actors that can actually act. I also think that of all the shows, GH has the fewest "weak" links. Ethan has grown on me and with 1) a clean shave/haircut and 2) writing to that actor's strengths, Ethan can be saved. I'm actually in the minority on the original Lisa. I saw potential with that actress and think within a few weeks she would have gotten a lot better. But the recast is an improvement. The actor that plays Kiefer is also great.

Okay, so their list... I don't watch OLTL anymore, so I can't comment. But I will say that I LOVE Brett Claywell (I used to watch him on OTH), so I'm not surprised he's on the list.

Michael Muhney: I didn't much like the original actor and I think MM is pretty good. I don't know that I would put him #3 on the list though. I wonder if he might get a little over praised because he stepped up when the other actor bolted because of the storyline...

Zack Conroy is a pretty good pick.

And it's no surprise that Dominic Z is number one. Honestly when he first started I liked him, but wondered if he really had the IT factor for such a high profile role. But I think he's terrific...
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa January 27th 2010, 6:02 pm

Michael Muhney: I didn't much like the original actor and I think MM is pretty good. I don't know that I would put him #3 on the list though. I wonder if he might get a little over praised because he stepped up when the other actor bolted because of the storyline...

I didn't like the original actor to begin with, but he grew on me. I hate he had to leave whatever the reasons.

I can't remember where I read/heard this, but during EB's contract negotiations, MM was Sony's/MAB's golden child to step up to be the next Victor Newman if EB didn't return. That was the first thing to piss me off. I don't think he's worthy of that part.

Y&R is the only show I've seen him on so this part is the only thing I have to go on. I don't like him as Adam, but that's not to say I wouldn't like him in another part away from Victor. But then again, I really don't like his acting. He always has the same expression on his face no matter what he's doing, and I don't think he has relaxed since he's been there. He's too stiff. I wish I had something else to go on, but I don't. I wish I had something good to say about him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content