Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

3 posters

Ugly Betty cancelled...

Jorpa
    Jorpa

Ugly Betty cancelled... Empty Ugly Betty cancelled...

Post  Jorpa January 27th 2010, 6:52 pm

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b164338_abc_cancels_ugly_betty_amanda_marc_well.html

ABC is really pissing me off. I am boycotting CBS cos of GL, and there's nothing else on there I want to watch, NBC has NOTHING at all to watch, and now ABC is whittling down the shows I do watch to near nothing. This is Lost's last season which was planned so that doesn't bother me, but they have been cancelling shows I love left and right. GA, PP, and DH is all that's left to watch for me in primetime. It won't be long before Soapnet and the History channel gets all my business. Evil or Very Mad

I know I'm the only one watching UB, but I had to let it out somewhere....
    Johnathon

Ugly Betty cancelled... Empty Re: Ugly Betty cancelled...

Post  Johnathon January 27th 2010, 8:41 pm

LOL, poor Ugly Betty, i do feel you on losing all the good shows, but its okay, more shows will come from this lol.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 27th 2010, 10:14 pm

I couldn't agree more with you Pam. If it wasn't for Soap Net, I'd probably be watching nothing but re-runs, dvds and stuff I might have dvred during the day. NBC is airing a new show in March called Parenthood that I want to check out, but the bad thing about it is that it is on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m., which is the same time as GH's airing on Soap Net. Being on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. would have worked out great for me because Soap Net airs their original programming (which I hate) at that time and there's not much else on. Guess I'll be taping. If I like it, hopefully it will be picked up for a full season, come the new fall schedule. Don't want to get invested in something (like you Pam) that could or will get cancelled.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa January 27th 2010, 10:23 pm

ABC is cutting it close for me. After UB goes off, all that's left that I watch is Desperate Housewives (which is quickly jumping the ship), Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice.

I thought FlashForward was going to be my next Lost, but by the time it comes back on I'll have lost interest in it. It won't be long before it gets cancelled anyway so why bother?

I don't think I'll start watching anything new on ABC anymore. Everything I've cared about has been or will be cancelled by the time I get invested in it.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 28th 2010, 12:56 am

I haven't been invested in new shows in a long time. My biggest night of watching network tv is on Sunday when I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Desparate Housewives (got into this season) and Brothers & Sisters (got into near the end of last season). After watching the cross over episode of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, I've gotten into watching them, but will have to tape them because I'm watching Soap Net at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m., when they are both on. Yeah, I know I could tape the soaps I watch on Soap Net when they are on during the day, but I like to watch the show "live". So in the end, Soap Net wins out. TV viewing sure isn't like it used to be and was actually good from the 50s - late 90s/early 2000s (I've only seen shows from the 50s - 70s in reruns, never when they first aired. Wasn't around). All in all, until I know a show I want to see is going to last more than one season, I'm not going to get too invested in it. Tried getting into Eastwick, but couldn't and good thing I didn't because it has been cancelled. Hopefully the new show Parenthood (airing in March), will last more than a few episodes or just this season, is good and I can get invested in it. Otherwise, my network television viewing will be limited to just ABC on Thursday and Sunday nights.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa January 28th 2010, 1:27 am

I tried not to get invested in shows this season. I did like Eastwick in the beginning, then it got boring. Then when it was announced it was cancelled it got better. But at least it wasn't on long enough for me to get too invested in it.

I watch UB, GA and PP live. I can catch up with GH either online or on the marathon on Sundays. I love DH, but it's getting thin on my nerves now for some reason. I think it was because they fastforwarded 5 years whenever they did that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content