Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

+3
SoapGoddess
Johnathon
seang77
7 posters

Don't forget

seang77
    seang77

Don't forget Empty Don't forget

Post  seang77 January 25th 2010, 8:37 pm

There is stuff on TV after the hours of 5pm..........

Who's watching what and when?
    Johnathon

Don't forget Empty Re: Don't forget

Post  Johnathon January 25th 2010, 8:37 pm

Oh yea like i have time to list all of my shows lol.

Tonight:

Greek, 24, One tree hill, and Castle!
    SoapGoddess
    Admin

Post  SoapGoddess January 25th 2010, 8:40 pm

Don't forget Damages!!!!
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 25th 2010, 8:41 pm

I actually am behind on DAMAGES!

I didn't watch the last season! I KNOW I KNOW bad J, but dang it there was just to many shows and it fell by the way-side. The DVD set is out now so I will be catching up sometime soon...hopefully.
    seang77
    seang77

Post  seang77 January 25th 2010, 8:43 pm

don't forget Chuck tonight too. I won't even mention Heroes cause no one else is.
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 25th 2010, 8:45 pm

Poor Heroes, it used to be a good show... It is on my "will watch someday" list...meaning I may or may not get around to it someday.
    seang77
    seang77

Post  seang77 January 25th 2010, 8:49 pm

fear not however the rest of the week is littered with things like, Burn Notice, White Collar, Psych, Leverage
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa January 25th 2010, 10:05 pm

Most of my primetime consists of Soapnet. I will hop off that channel to watch Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and when it comes back on, LOST will be my main thang.

The Deep End might be good if it stays on long enough. But from what I hear it's only on til FlashForward comes back. FF was my main show while it was on, but I'm afraid it won't be when it comes back cos it's been off long enough for me not to care so much anymore.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 26th 2010, 1:59 am

Oh there's definitely stuff on TV after 5pm...SoapNet airs soaps at night, lol!

I used to watch tons of Primetime TV, but not anymore. I'll check back here every now and then to see if anything sounds appealing Smile

I've already got a list of shows I want to rent on DVD - 24 and Lost being among them. But Heck, I still haven't gotten around to watching Alias or finishing up The Shield and Sopranos. I'm several years behind
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 26th 2010, 2:04 pm

I'm a sucker for entertainment news, so I'll usually watch Entertainment Tonight and then The Insider. When I'm working, the earliest I can start watching anything after 5 p.m. is between 6 & 7 p.m. Monday-Friday from 8- 9 p.m. I'll usually watch whatever I find interesting or a repeat of show. Then from 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. I'm watching Soap Net, except for Wednesdays from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m., when I'm watching other things (like Ugly Betty, since it switched from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Wed.) due to Soap Net's original programming. Then from 12 a.m. on (depending how late I stay up) it's usually repeats of different shows. I used to watch more primetime shows, but in the last few years nothing has really caught my eye. If there is something I want to watch during those times, I'll either tape them or watch them when they repeat. Soap Net it is, except for the weekends.
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 26th 2010, 3:43 pm

I've already got a list of shows I want to rent on DVD - 24 and Lost being among them. But Heck, I still haven't gotten around to watching Alias or finishing up The Shield and Sopranos. I'm several years behind

Daisy you have NO place to talk about being years behind! I am on DALLAS season 1 (thought the DVD says season 2...) Razz

DVD's are a godsend arn't they?
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 27th 2010, 5:01 pm

Oh I freakin' LOVE TV on DVD -- so awesome! I honestly think that's why I don't watch Primetime TV anymore, because I know I can just watch most of that stuff later on... Plus I love watching it on DVD because I don't have to wait to find out what happens, I can just watch the next ep right away - instant gratification. Though I do think a show's flaws become more obvious when you watch it that way...
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 27th 2010, 8:28 pm

BTW i take back everything i said, I forgot you are (were) watching Dark shadows. And DS trumpts Dallas so you win on the "Who's more behind on tv" thing. Darn 1966..
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 27th 2010, 8:35 pm

Oh J, it's worse than that! I started watching Peyton Place on DVD (awesome btw!) and that's from 1964, lol!! Though Netflix no longer has the last two discs of the first DVD collection, so I'm just stuck in the middle of season one Sad

I hope you enjoy Dallas, I loved that show and the first several years were the best Smile
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 27th 2010, 8:39 pm

The acting.........wow, it was just....................wowwwww...

Peyton PLACE!!!!

No way am i watching that, Knots landing, Falcon Crest, and Old school degrassi! Also i kinda want to see Dawson's Creek again, i watched it when it first aired so i was like 12/13 when it ended so i dont' remember much outside of "BIG" things like the crummy ending.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 28th 2010, 4:48 am

Oh yeah, I have Old School Degrassi in my Netflix que (want to revisit it because it's been so long) and I've got Degrassi TNG in there too, lol!

Revisitng Dawson's Creek, huh? You're alone on that one, lol

I actually preferred Knots Landing to Dallas, and really liked Falcon Crest too Smile Let's see...if I'm remembering correctly - it was Dynasty on Wed, Knots on Thurs, and Dallas followed by Falcon Crest on Fridays. Man, I watched a lot of TV as a kid, lol
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 28th 2010, 12:15 pm

You're not the only one who watched a lot of tv as a kid. I may not remember the exact day a show was on (partly because some of them changed days once or twice during their run)that I watched back in the 80s - early 200s,but I definitely remember the shows I watched. BTW, some shows that I watched in the 80s I didn't watch when they first started airing because I was too young. Started watching a few seasons in. With some shows, my memory isn't too good as to what each episode or season was about.

If you ever want to know what shows I watched between the 80s - early 200s or what tv shows I have on dvd, I'd be more than happy to tell you.
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon January 28th 2010, 3:27 pm

Oh come on mel, Dawson's was my 'teen' soap, it was the show i grew up on! + I can barely remember anything but the craptastic ending, so if i want to complain about how weird my first 'soap' was then i need to fully understand it! LOL.

I keep hearing that Knots was the better show, and it had Brian Austin Greene in it!

So what i am wondering (and why i want to watch the show) is if they brought KL back, could they recenter it around BaG's character?
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 28th 2010, 9:53 pm

Nicole: Tell us what shows you watched and what you've got on dvd! I'm curious Smile

John: I watched Dawson's on and off, but it annoyed the hell out of me. And they eventually turned it into the Joey/Katie Holmes show which was awful, especially since Michelle Williams (Jen) was the talented one...

You know KL was a spinoff of Dallas right? Yeah, I think it's the better show. While I loved Dallas it was more testosterone driven. The women were important to the show, but it was the male characters that drove the action. And so many of the main stories focused on the oil business, power, money, JR screwing people over (or getting revenge on someone who screwed him over). I remember Knots being more balanced, and the women had larger roles and it just had a more "soapy" feel to it, imo.

As for Brian...he was really young when he was on it and was never important on the show. BUT the one thing his character had going for him was that he was Abby's son. Abby (Donna Mills) was one of the most popular characters on any of the nighttime soaps (she was the show's vixen/bitch), so I suppose her son could play a large part in a new version of Knots.
    EricasEvilTwin
    EricasEvilTwin

Don't forget Empty Tonight

Post  EricasEvilTwin January 28th 2010, 10:47 pm

Tonight will be Fringe. I think Greys is a repeat.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 29th 2010, 3:02 pm

You really want to know what shows I watched as a kid? The list could get long, so I'll email it. I'll post the tv shows I have on dvd later on.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 January 29th 2010, 8:32 pm

Yeah, list the DVDs that you have sometime...

The only TV on DVDs I actually own are Columbo (all the old eps, not the newer TV movies they came out with later), 1st year of Dark Shadows, 1st season of Boomtown (which I never saw, but it was really cheap so I picked it up), Fawlty Towers, a couple of seasons of Absolutely Fabulous, a couple of seasons of Oz, and Lost### from TFO burned The Shield for me a long time ago (but I haven't watched it all yet.)

I swear if I could afford it, I'd buy soooo many more...
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 29th 2010, 10:46 pm

These are the tv shows I have on dvd:

227 (season 1)
    7th Heaven (seasons 1-9, with season 10 on pre-order)
    Brothers & Sisters (seasons 1-3)
    Friends (seasons 8-10)
    Full House (complete series)
    Growing Pains (season 1)
    I Love Lucy (complete series)
    Party of Five (seasons 1-3)
    Punky Brewster (complete series)
    Reba (complete series)
    Roseanne (sesasons 1-2)
    The Cosby Show (seasons 1-4)
    The Facts of Life (seasons 1-3)
    The Golden Girls (complete series)
    The Muppet Show (seasons 1-3)

I don't have the complete series of Friends, Roseanne or the Cosby Show because the seasons I didn't mention I don't really like as much as the ones I mentioned. The rest of the shows that don't mention complete series is because those are the only seasons that are out on dvd. This list will be updated as more seasons are released.

BTW, some may think that I may be too old for have some of these shows on dvd, but I don't give a rat's ass what they think. If I want it, I'll get it. IMO, you're never too old to watch certain things and some of the tv shows I have show proof of that.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa January 29th 2010, 10:57 pm

Nic, did you like Designing Women? I have the first 2 seasons. The third is in the works. I'm only going to get the first 5 seasons. That's when Suzanne and Charlene left. Don't care about the last two seasons.

I have the complete series of I Love Lucy; all of Grey's Anatomy and Lost so far, first two seasons of Desperate Housewives, and have started on Murphy Brown.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 January 31st 2010, 12:30 am

Pam, I watching Designing Women and thought it was ok. Not sure if I would get it on dvd or not.
    Don't know if you ever watched them, but my mom has the complete series (bought her ever season, although not at once) of That Girl and a sesason or two of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 8:38 am