Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

3 posters

Francis Reid (Alice Days)

lucky0328
    lucky0328

Francis Reid (Alice Days) Empty Francis Reid (Alice Days)

Post  lucky0328 February 4th 2010, 10:50 am

It's being reported on sites like www.welovesoaps.com and twitter that Francis Reid has died. Even though Alice hasn't been on the show in the last few years, it's going to be strange without her.
    First they write in the death of Mickey (although the actor who originated Mickey is still alive) and now they more than likely going to have to do something on the show to incorporate Francis' death. They can't still be talking about her being in the next room or not being able to be there when the actress has died. Any kind of tribute to her is going to be way more heartbreaking, IMO, than death of the character of Mickey.

BTW, I could be wrong, but I think Francis Reid was the only actor out of any soap who had a lifetime contract.

To see a video tribute, go to:
    http://www.buzzworthyradio.net
    Johnathon

Francis Reid (Alice Days) Empty Re: Francis Reid (Alice Days)

Post  Johnathon February 4th 2010, 3:47 pm

I am not sure about the lifetime contract, but thats interesting.

She will be missed, but with that said I don't think her death will effect the show anymore then say Mickey's death did.

I know that is such a horrible thing to say, but I believe it, I mean the show has not written for the character in years, and she is only mentioned.

Now do we think they will kill Alice Horton off the show? and if so when? Right now things are so set in motion that it really wouldn't make sense to kill her off 'right now'. Maybe do an off camera acknowledgment and then say in the fall when things slow down kill her off on camera?
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 February 4th 2010, 4:02 pm

I think the only reason they haven't written for her and just mentioned her over the last few years was because of her health. She wasn't always able to be on the show when they wanted her to.

The website http://www.jason47.com/ has Francis listed as lifetime under the contract status section. So that's where my lifetime contract information came from. There are also some video clips of Francis to go along with the written stuff and pictures under the tribute section. There's also a tribute section to Mickey, but no videos. Only written stuff and pictures.

Daytimeconfidential.com also has a video tribute up. I only went there because of a link that was in an email I got from one of the Days Yahoo groups I'm in.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa February 4th 2010, 6:48 pm

This breaks my heart. Alice Horton was right up there with Bert Bauer on GL. I watched more Days back in the 70s than recently and Alice and Tom were my faves. I'll never forget Christmas 2007 when Alice held up Tom's picture. I bawled! I never thought that would be my last visit with her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 11:59 am