Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

4 posters

GH Opening

lucky0328
    lucky0328

GH Opening Empty GH Opening

Post  lucky0328 February 9th 2010, 10:16 pm

At Last!
    SOAPnet.com reports that GH is FINALLY updating its opening credits, which according to the site, originated in 2004 and has undergone with only minimal changes since. The new opening is set to debut on Feb. 23, just in time for the show's 12,000th episode. "In any climate, it is amazing that we have the opportunity to celebrate such a momentous occasion," said Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps of the show's 12,000th in a statement. "This milestone honors the strength of the daytime drama and looks to the future that GENERAL HOSPITAL will continue to air many, many more episodes."
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

GH Opening Empty Re: GH Opening

Post  daisyclover1938 February 10th 2010, 5:52 pm

VERY excited about the new opening - finally!! But wouldn't it be funny if they *still* didn't get rid of that group shot with all the men? lol!! Well, I'm assuming they're going to go in a totally opposite direction. Cool Smile

btw, the statement released makes me nervous. It's essentially, "Don't worry. We're not getting cancelled anytime soon!" Scary time for soaps.

Thanks for posting LuckyNic!!!
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 February 11th 2010, 12:26 pm

I hope the group shot with all the guys is taken out as well. it's long over due. If they're going to have a group shot at the end, it should be with the whole cast. Not being able to see the new opening until Feb. 23rd (12,000th episode) seems like such a long time to wait. This was long over due.
    When was the opening updated to what it is now?
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon February 23rd 2010, 3:50 pm

So what do you guys think of it?

It has a very um current soap feel to it (I only 'looked' i didn't listen... (I am at the library and i left headphones outside lol))

I LOVE that it is now easily fixable, they can take characters in and out as needed.

Also JASON COOK get's to be in the intro!!!!! YAY See after 2+ years you maybe kinda do matter! So what if everyone and their mother is still on the intro, you made it baby! Next step, a decent storyline!
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 February 23rd 2010, 4:37 pm

Soooo glad they included Jason Cook! YAY! And he looked so cute Smile

I like the new opening. I like that they have the buildings in the background & I liked that they had the actors and the characters names. I thought everyone looked great and I loved that Kelly was in the same section as The Holy Trinity - and of course, I liked that JaSam was "together" Smile And I'm glad that they kept the same theme music.

Oh and how I loved that the Repugnant Troll Liz was sandwiched between the two brothers she's boinking. And that they had her character appear in front of a pic of Wyndemere and not the hospital, lol.

Here's a link to it on YouTube, if anyone's interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shL7lIBwNJk
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa February 24th 2010, 12:33 am

I love the new opening! I was especially excited to see Pif in it although she's not on contract. She's one of my faves on the show.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Post  lucky0328 February 28th 2010, 2:27 pm

I think the opening is awesome. I was a little surprised to see Sonya Eddy (Ephiany) in the opening, since she's not on contract that I know of. Carolyn Hennesy (Diane), Ron Hale (Mike), Derk Cheetwood (Max), Scott Reeves (Liz's brother) and the actors who play Milo, Morgan, Molly, Kiefer, Lisa should all have been in the opening. If Sonya, who isn't on contract, then they should be as well, since most of them are not on contract.

It was long over due and I give them props. Very up to date and modern.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 12:04 pm