Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

5 posters

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital'

lucky0328
    lucky0328

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital'

Post  lucky0328 February 9th 2010, 10:36 pm

Bradley Cole, best known for his role as Jeffrey O'Neill on the CBS daytime drama series “Guiding Light” is joining the cast of ABC’s "General Hospital" in the role of Carlton Bauer, Kiefer’s (Christian Alexander) father.

According to ABC, the actor will make his debut sometime in March. His character is expected to go toe to toe with Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard) whose daughter Kristina (Lexi Ainsworth) is dating his son. Kristina and Kiefer are currently involved in a teen abuse storyline in which Kiefer has been abusing Kristina on numerous occasions
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty Re: Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital'

Post  daisyclover1938 February 10th 2010, 8:28 am

Hmmm... I have mixed feelings about this... The actor was very popular on GL (especially in his original role as Richard), but I never cared much for him. His pairing with Laura Wright was also popular, so I wonder if they'll put his character in Carly's orbit, just to see if the old chemistry is there?

You know, when I first heard he was hired I thought, for a moment, that maybe he was cast as Sam's father. They could still do that. Though, Kristina dating her sister's brother would be gross, lol. But still... Imagine Alexis' old flame, father of her one daughter, has a son who's abusing her other daughter. Talk about soapy, lol.

I don't think they'll do it, but I gotta say, I bet he and NLG would be really good together.
    EricasEvilTwin
    EricasEvilTwin

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty casting

Post  EricasEvilTwin February 10th 2010, 2:58 pm

I think I read he is coming in just for a few epis as Kiefer's dad. Shame he would have made a good Sam daddy and a smoking love interest for Alexis. Good guy mac vs. sexy bad daddy might have been a good triangle.
    lucky0328
    lucky0328

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty Re: Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital'

Post  lucky0328 February 11th 2010, 12:31 pm

I kind of like the idea of Bradley Cole's character turning out to be Sam's father. It would make a great storyline, in that Sam would have to deal with him as a father and both her and Alexis dealing with the fact that their daughter/sister is dating his son, who's abusing her. NLG (Alexis) and Bradley Cole going up against each other would/should be awesome.

BTW, I read somewhere that there are going to be some good scenes between Sonny and Bradley's character coming up, which I'm sure is regarding to the Kristina/Kiefer abuse storyline.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa February 12th 2010, 12:44 am

I hope his character stays around long enough to interact with Carly. I'd love to see Sonny's reaction to someone new in her life he knows nothing about. LOL I'm still waiting on CarSon to get back together.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 February 12th 2010, 1:16 am

LuckyNic: Yeah, I think it would have been much more dramatic had he turned out to be Sam's dad! Clearly, we should be writing the show, lol. And the Bradley vs. Sonny/MB scenes are probably going to be great!

Jorpa: You just *know* they're gonna have a Bradley/Laura scene. There's no way they're not gonna do that, lol!

And I would bet it's just a matter of time before they do CarSon again. I was watching the show today and here she is not being able to forgive Jax yet thinking Sonny shooting Dante was totally fine, lol!! I mean, come on, she obviously loves Sonny, and loves him unconditionally. You know I don't like the characters, but I think they are a "Destiny Couple."
    EricasEvilTwin
    EricasEvilTwin

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty CarSon

Post  EricasEvilTwin February 12th 2010, 5:06 pm

Well you know I love me some CarSon, but I really think her helping Sonny right now is only partly about him and I think in her mind she has decided that Sonny would not have shot Dante if JAX had told her the truth about Dante's paternity, because then she would have told Sonny and that would have been the end of it. Then there is the Michael aspect as anything that happens to Sonny re: Claudia will affect him as well.
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 February 14th 2010, 12:04 am

Oh I think there are several reasons why Carly's protecting Sonny right now and I have no doubt that she thinks this is all Jax's fault (I actually missed a couple of days, but I'm sure that's how she's seeing it.) But Sonny and Jason are the only two guys who she's going to love and support no matter what. Jax will always come in third place, so I say he cuts his losses, gets custody of Josslyn and finds a nice normal woman to be with. Carly can go back to being Sonny's mob moll and fighting off all the women that want to be with him.

I would looooove a custody fight between Jax/Carly with Carly losing! Let's see Sonny try hanging Jax from meathook, lol! Though with the current regime if Jax sued for custody, they'd end up making him a serial killer and Jason would have to shoot him.
    EricasEvilTwin
    EricasEvilTwin

Bradley Cole Joining the Cast of 'General Hospital' Empty meathook

Post  EricasEvilTwin February 14th 2010, 1:19 am

I would LOVE to see Jax hanging from a meathook!!
    daisyclover1938
    daisyclover1938

Post  daisyclover1938 February 14th 2010, 1:55 am

that would have to be one high hangin' meathook, lol
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon February 23rd 2010, 3:53 pm

Oh they will do a Bradley and Laura scene, they will flirt with Fans hopes and dreams and then crush them like the crappy storytelling people they are....

*sigh* I want my M&M dang it.

Okay I have nothing against the actor at all, but during my stint of watching GL, i despised the character of Jeffery, he was awful, and had no place on my screen. When he "DIED" I was jumping up and down.

But that was not his fault, i dunno, hopefully he will do good on GH.
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa February 24th 2010, 12:40 am

J, BC is actually a good actor when he has a meaty script. I'm looking forward to him coming to GH.
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon February 25th 2010, 3:42 pm

LOL, i am sure he is a decent actor, so i won't hold Jeffery against him...at least i will try not to lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 4:13 pm