Daytime DeClassified

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Daytime DeClassified

A soap forum for fans and by the fans.

3 posters

Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R

lucky0328
    lucky0328

Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R Empty Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R

Post  lucky0328 March 4th 2010, 4:12 pm

Eden Riegel is joining the cast of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. She'll be replacing Vail Bloom in the role of Heather Stevens. Jamey Giddens at Daytime Confidential hinted at the news earlier and CBS Soaps in Depth tweeted confirmed it. Riegel also tweeted a hint last night as well: "I've got some really interesting, fun news coming your way! I know it's cruel to tease, but I'm too excited to keep it in."

Riegel is best known to daytime fans for her Emmy-winning run as Bianca on ALL MY CHILDREN, where she starred opposite Y&R's Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) for a while. She also made a huge splash in the indie web series world with IMAGINARY BITCHES, including this Daytime Emmy Special featuring We Love Soaps.

What do you think about the news? Surprised? Elated? Sad to see Bloom go?

This came from We Love Soaps

My thought is, why would see go Y&R? AMC is her home and they should bring Bianca back. Now this means that if they ever want to bring her back, the character will have to be recast.
    Johnathon

Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R Empty Re: Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R

Post  Johnathon March 4th 2010, 6:15 pm

She has spent enough time with crappy writting and in crappy storylines on AMC, so she is giving YR a chance....

I mean its not like they write any better, but there is a chance right?
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R Empty Re: Eden Riegel Joining The Cast of Y&R

Post  Jorpa March 9th 2010, 11:48 pm

I'd rather her replace Mac. Vail had come into her own even though she didn't have much to do.
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon March 10th 2010, 12:09 am

ITA.

She would have been perfect for Mac.

Val wasn't the worst actress in the world, and I don't really see much of a need for the character even with a different actress in the role lol. Maybe once she has something to do i will start to care?
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa March 10th 2010, 12:14 am

AND Marcy Rylan would have been a great Heather! I really can't see Abby being sorased so much when the other younger characters aren't. Abby and Kyle are supposed to be the same age and he came on as 10???
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon March 10th 2010, 12:46 am

Okay here is the thing about the Marcy Rylan mess...

Yes she doesn't fit the role, and the age range required for the character. BUT with that said, I am so looking forward to her portrayal over the current Abby that i will take just about anyone (except those poor girls who play Colby on AMC LOL)
    Jorpa
    Jorpa

Post  Jorpa March 10th 2010, 10:13 am

Oh, I gladly accept MR as Abby. Anybody over who's playing her now. It's nice to see a GL actor on Y&R. More please?
    Johnathon

Post  Johnathon March 24th 2010, 8:09 pm

Yes please!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 5:04 am